Monday, January 16, 2006

Tulleeho Gaya!

I attended an amateur bartending workshop this Saturday conducted by Smirnoff and Tulleeho. So as you can guess, I had a great Saturday and a miserable Sunday. I don’t think I would make a good bartender since I ended up drinking everything that I could prepare-

1. Cape Roshka
2. Cosmopolitan
3. Bloody Mary
4. A Green Apple Martini
5. I don’t remember the last one.

Now if you include the welcome drink, a few too many test tubes of Smirnoff with Sprite and top it off with some vodka shots in blue flames to finish off the evening, memories are fresh enough to make this effort at even recording it not very enjoyable.

Mr. Lama, who was one of the instructors during the evening, said that one reason youngsters prefer Vodka, is that since it is odorless, one can go home safely without getting into trouble. But when you have had as much as I did, odor or no odor doesn’t make much of a difference. I think I will leave out the part of how I managed to drive home and park my car because frankly I don’t remember.

I also met some interesting people on my table and was reminded of something that I had read in some sociology note. It said that if you put 4 women in a room and lock them for a few hours, they will come out chatting as if they were the best of friends. But if do the same with 4 guys, there is a good chance that they might come out sulking without having exchanged a word. Which I thought was very true as I sat at my table with 3 other strangers and there was this uncomfortable silence. But as an addendum to that theory it only took the first test tube for smiles to become really broad at the table and all of us went, "Cheers!"

They even gave me a certificate and a cocktails book. It is a pity that I can’t find it anywhere now.

Consequently, couldn’t finish the Jeffery Sachs book that I have been reading. But I did get some shopping done for a trip which I might end up going on in the last week of this month.

No comments: