Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 & 2006

Happy New Year!!

Personally 2005 for me was a fair year. I am now in a job which pays me less but also bothers me less. I am in a city I don’t like so much but more about that later. I am in a house I like at least 25% less but I am paying 50% lesser rent too.

Overall does that mean that my life has changed for the worse??

I have thought about it and I think the best thing that has happened to me last year has been the gym. It’s been 11 months since I started and except for a brief 6 weeks in the middle, I have been pretty regular about it and it shows. I have not turned into a superman or anything (far from it) and have not probably gained much weight but definitely my body is much more toned and muscled. I think it has also helped my confidence and I know that I look better in T shirts now than I ever have done in my whole life. I think that last year was notable in the fact that in the last 6 months I have put my well being first in a lot of decisions that I have taken.

Looking forward to next year, hopefully the gymming will continue. I also hope to read at least 25 books next year. Since I have decided to be relatively passive about my career choices, I think books offer the only solace to expand the horizons of thought. I also hope to build a pretty decent VCD/DVD collection, no numbers planned here as yet, let’s see. And this is definitely the last year that I can hope to remain single without any significant effort from my side. Things will definitely get tougher on that account in 2007.

Oh yes, 2006 is going to be action packed!

On more mundane matters, sis dropped in from Chennai for the weekend, finished Garam Masala (horrible!) and also watched Hyderabad Blues (below expectations actually). We went shopping and I ended up buying a Swatch for sis. These luxury brands definitely are swindling their customers and I plead guilty as a party to the crime!Also started reading a fantastic book which I will talk about later when I have finished it. Suffice it to say as of now that I never imagined that a book on development economics (or clinical economics as the author says) would be such a racy read.

C ya next week!

No comments: