Saturday, February 04, 2006

A Quick Death

My aunt in Canada is very ill and has been hospitalized. She is also in some pain. Mom and me were talking about her the other night when she said,

"You know it’s very tough to cope with health problems in your old age. When I go, I hope it is quietly and quickly."

"Like Grandma?" I said.

"Yeah, something like that. She complained of chest pains one night and she was gone within three hours."

She also told me about an old relative who passed away watching TV while her family was setting up the table for dinner.

"And, Dad too?" I ventured. My Dad died of a heart attack a couple of year’s back.

"Yes, but that was unfortunate. That is not an age to die" she sighed.

My dad was 54.

I thought about it after she left my room. I remember thinking that I would like to fall from a great height and break my neck to end mine.

Morbid.

No comments: