Wednesday, April 26, 2006

More Chess

Obviously avoid this post if you are still reading this. Its really about chess.

It’s a problem I have. When I am playing in a chess tournament, I lose perspective. It consumes me. Here I have the added responsibility of organizing this one as well. My gym schedule has gone haywire because evenings are now taken up full time. I had a brainwave that I would leave early for office, around 6 AM and work out in the company gym. Did that on Monday, gave it a miss today and probably tomorrow as well. C’mon, one hour of dreamy sleep or giving pain to your triceps? It’s a no-brainer.

Yesterday, I lost a friendly match. Came back home and told myself, "No, No, don’t do it. Eat and sleep. You need to workout tomorrow morning." But I couldn’t help it. It’s a problem I have. When I am playing in a chess tournament, I lose perspective. It consumes me. Spent the next one and a half hour with my Rexene board and ivory pieces analyzing my game and cursing myself for not finding the right move over the board and making the blunder that decided the game. Thankfully, I won easily in our first round game today. An unremarkable game, nay opponent. I mean when his first three moves are e3, c3, and h3, it’s a sort of anticlimax. You really wish he would resign then and there but you need to be patient and play those 20 moves to finish him off. My first three moves? e5, d5, c5.

Ok, can’t really make up my mind on how to continue this post, so will stop it here. Need my sleep you know. Plus, work out tomorrow you dazedandconfused asshole, you can do it.

No comments: